New Patterns!

I try my hardest not to buy new patterns because a) I prefer to just work with a core group as my "pattern blocks," b) I can usually get away with making a frankenpattern for whatever I want, and c) a lot of the things out there are usually just variations on the same thing anyway.

But I'd had my eye on this bathing suit for a while and, after numerous attempts at a bustier pattern, I jumped when I saw McCall's #M6569, a pattern that required no real alterations to get the look I wanted.

the pattern
McCall's #M6569
the inspiration
via Pinterest
Of course, by "jumped" I mean that I saw the pattern, exercised an uncharacteristic amount of self-control, and promised myself I wouldn't buy it until that bathing suit was next in my sewing cue. Well, it's not quite time yet, but there's a sale going on over at McCall's now, so I figured the time is right. And if you're going to pay shipping anyway, you might as well throw in a few more patterns to make it worth your while.

So I give you...my new patterns for Summer 2012!

If you've already got the pattern basics, why not throw in something trendy? So I'm trying out the batwing button-up with gathering known as McCall's #M6605.


I've also had my eye on this top for a while, so I decided to go with the McCall's version: #M6604.


Could be ugly, could be cute. We'll see!

Anyone else get any new patterns lately?

5 comments:

  1. I love that bikini. Swimwear terrifies me. How do you sew with all that stretchy, slippery fabric? I really should learn because I find it impossible to get swimwear that fits. Any chance of a tutorial or some tips and tricks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roxy! I'm no expert either, but I'll try to document some of my learnings when I make up this new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived a normal life.. But then I saw this swimming suit on your blog and everything has changed! Same as you, I feel I don't need more patterns (I feel especially strong about the "c") but this cute swimsuit has to be mine.
    By the way, Dixie is currently running a swimsuits sew-along; http://dixiediy.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the patterns! I think the first one will be a great sewing project and I think the last two have great silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dixie you crack me up! New skirt just made up last night, too. gotta post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...